Monday, March 24, 2014

Fraser Shore Park - Floating logs and geo-caching

This river (Fraser River) is still used as a way to get logs transported.  They are floated down the river instead of being taken on logging trucks.  In the olden days someone used to travel down the river on the logs to make sure they went to the right place. Check out this little video about it.
This is another picture of the logs floating past the train station.


We had some fun along the river geo-caching.  We even found one that was glued to a rock!

This is my niece Sabine.

19 comments:

  1. how old is your niece

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My niece is 8. She goes to a school where all the teachers talk in French even though everyone at home only speaks English!

      Delete
  2. Did you have a good time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. was your niece glad to see you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was! We did lots of fun things like baking cookies and crafts and exploring.

      Delete
  4. how is your trip going

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My trip was fun - but now I'm back in Hokitika getting caught up on my school work.

      Delete
  5. Did you float on the logs.:) Nate and I think you could go over the water by hovercraft.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A hovercraft would be great fun! I didn't float on the logs. It was still pretty cold in Vancouver and the water was even colder!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I miss you guys too. I was glad to have my niece to have some fun with in Canada.

      Delete
  7. I saw you at the supermarket and mum saw you at the glass studio.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonjour
    C'est cool!
    J'adore

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hunter, Lara and I want to come with you. Come back!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be great fun to take you all on a trip to Canada. I saw some school groups in the airport. The kids looked like they were having fun but their teachers looked very stressed, so maybe it's not as much fun as it sounds.

      Delete